Week One - Independent Study (SketchUp Models)

My final render using Vray for Sketchup. As you can see this view provides a closer look at the walkways on the left and front, which are an integral part of the experience of the building; through walking.


The materials I would use are white concrete with a slight glossiness and highlight, to give the building some sheen, and make it appear more bright and distinct in the sunlight. With the words 'pose' and 'walk' in mind, a person would be able to walk the entire structure from side to side undercover, as seen in the walkways on the far right. Other materials I would also use would be strip lighting underneath the walkways to light it up at night.



The Drawing of the section - The words I chose were pose and walk. The idea behind the drawing is a human form lying on his/her side, with arms on the floor and palms resting on head, while one leg is arched to provide a triangular shape to the lower part of the 'body'.

1 comment:

dambro roberto said...

hello, my name y roberto i am a recently graduate architect an i am working in a office but i am working on my own in other personal works, i use vectorworks but it takes me a lot of time modelling and iluminating and all that and ill like to know where you get that Vray app beacuase modeling in sketchup i a lot faster, it would help me very much the info, thanks! nice work by the way

R